States seek to achieve sustainable development and at the same time to ensure that it does not affect the financial situations, also it enhances the ability to overcome the crisis through making the maximum use of human, financial and natural resources, without prejudice to the wealth of future generations. This wealth is to be kept to support and to meet the needs in order to ensure that there is no over-reliance on natural resources through the adoption of better mechanisms that will help to identify potential risks and to deal with either medium or
risks. This requires an accurate knowledge of the outputs of those resources and their impacts on the overall state economy.
The Ministry of Finance has initiated a comprehensive review of the state general budget and its current divisions, in order to make them more responsive to the requirements of transparency needed for sound and accurate analysis for the government fiscal policy on the one hand and to support of State officials to develop plans and take appropriate decisions in order to ensure justice for all major areas of sustainable development.
This will be as the following: Economic growth - Conservation of natural resources - Social development.
In this behalf, the Ministry makes every effort to:
- Contribute effectively and efficiently to the development of the financial system and financial management in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- Enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of government spending and the level of services provided in order to achieve financial stability and sustainable economic growth and development.
- Management and Development of government revenues.
- Contribute to
the cooperation development at the regional and international levels.
The objectives, which the Ministry is seeking through them to achieve sustainable development, are the followings:
development of state fiscal policy, to enhance the integrity and strength to achieve the financial performance efficiency.
- Follow-up revenue collection and work on the development and diversification of them. Developing
policies, tax regulations and legislation to provide
and stable financial environment.
- The continuous development of
preparation process according to the best technical standards and global practices, and the management of public expenses to raise their efficiency and returns.
- Contribute to the development and enhancing the development of regional and international cooperation with regional and international financial institutions. Follow-up their work in order to promote the economic interests of the Kingdom and to promote its regional and international position.
- Provide detailed statistical data on resources and financial banking and to have knowledge of the outputs of those resources and its impact on the overall economy of the state in order to achieve sustainable development to the Kingdom.
- Reclassification of the general budget articles in a way to ensure the formulation of a framework that allows the best applications of accounting rules and to provide more comprehensive, accurate reliable information and data.
Friendly Environment through Technology:
The Ministry of Finance has made a great progress in the electronic projects of e-government transactions. These electronic projects become a tangible reality by all dealers of the Ministry's services, provided by various government and private sectors, to the people who are living in Saudi Arabia in order to achieve sustainable development goals, through approving the transformation of electronic transactions at the level of the Ministry. Nonetheless, the Ministry has made several technology initiatives, including:
- The transition from paper transactions to electronic transactions where the Ministry has applied the conduct of administrative transactions and communications systems and archiving which aims to help to reduce the paperwork at the Ministry.
- Provide easy access to services on the portal of the Ministry that
to stop the paperwork transactions for visitors of the portal and reduce the duration of achievement for any service, in addition to saving time, effort, traffic jam within the city, reduce pollution and consumption of energy resources and raw materials.
- Support necessary preparations initiated by the various sectors of the Ministry such as preparation of
workforce, and create a regulatory environment that is able to perform the work in accordance with the modern technical style.
- Provide many electronic services and link them to National Integration Channel (GSB), then made these services available to all government entities to make use of them, according to the highest recognized standards in information security.
- promoting the culture of environment friendship between all the dealers with the Ministry of Finance (internal and external audience) through its portal and internal site.
All of these efforts have been made to contribute for making the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia one of the world's largest user of implementation of the main fields of sustainable development (economic growth, conservation of natural resources and social development) with the spreading of its culture and its use in the conduct of public life affairs and to go along with global developments.